“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.”
~The Bhagavad Gita
Are you turned off by in-person group classes? Or perhaps you are a curvy chic that’s taken aback by your petite, perfectly-posed neighbor to your left (or right)? Or maybe your work/personal life schedule doesn’t fit around your local yoga studio cookie-cutter class offerings? Then why not consider online yoga classes?
The Divinely Preserved Healer is a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) via Yoga Alliance, who specializes in slow to medium-flow yoga designed especially for curvy or plus-sized women or anyone who considers themselves “flexibility challenged,” now offers pre-recorded, on-demand yoga classes and live-streamed classes for individuals and small groups. In addition, our virtual classroom studio will also include regularly added pre-recorded meditations and other spiritual talks to help our clients/viewers to evolve and expand their consciousness – right from the privacy of/her home.
What is Digital Yoga?
The digital yoga class is a fully-immersive experience, following your virtual instructor through the Zoom app on your web-enabled TV, computer/laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Such courses often begin with a short meditation to clear the mind and ground one’s self before being taken through a range of gentle movements to increase the range of movement, strengthen joints, and helps to alleviate pain.
Benefits of Digital Yoga Classes:
Aside from online classes being more convenient, cost-effective, and less intimidating than traditional yoga classes, especially in light of recent global events, here are a few other benefits:
- A personalized plan based on client needs – private yoga clients only
- Specialized classes based on specific mind-body or health-related ailments like lower back pain, depression, PMS, arthritis, etc.
- Modified poses and other techniques that take into consideration different levels of flexibility, experience, and health
- The ability to practice at your own pace – use the pause and rewind buttons as much as you’d like
- No need for a babysitter because you can stay home and still keep an eye on the little ones
- Feel to buy and use traditional yoga props – that haven’t been shared with others, or you can use whatever “props” you can find right inside your own home.
- You can stay in Savasana as long as you want
It would be a disservice if we didn’t tell you the difference between an in-person yoga class and virtual classes is the instructor is not able to provide hands-on assistance with working on or through what seems like a difficult pose. In such cases, we strongly encourage all our yoga students to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY! If a pose is too strenuous, honor clues presented by your body and gently back off or out of pose that’s causes pain, extreme discomfort and the like.
What Is Needed?
- (ONLINE CLASSES ONLY) : A broadband connection is highly recommended and an Internet-enabled device such as a TV, computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Please note that larger screens offered by smart TVs make for a better viewing experience.
- (ALL CLASSES) A yoga mat is required and any other desired yoga props, such as a blanket, bolster, blocks and/or straps. If taking an online class, feel free to substitute with whatever you have at home that’s safe to use – like a sturdy dining table chair, sofa throw, pillows, and the like.
Ready to Jump Right In?
Please note that private yoga sessions by appointment only at our offices. Appointment times are typically after 6 PM on weekdays or at predetermined times on weekends, including Sundays.
Booking Provided by Healthie