“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.”
~The Bhagavad Gita
Are you turned off by in-person group classes? Or perhaps you are a curvy chic that’s taken aback by your petite, perfectly-posed neighbor to your left (or right)? Or maybe your work/personal life schedule doesn’t fit around your local yoga studio cookie-cutter class offerings? Then why not consider online yoga classes?
The Divinely Preserved Healer is a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) via Yoga Alliance, who specializes in slow to medium-flow yoga designed especially for curvy or plus-sized women or anyone who considered themselves “flexibility challenged”, now offers pre-recorded, on-demand yoga classes and live-streamed classes for individuals and small groups. In addition, our virtual classroom studio will also include regularly-added pre-recorded meditations and other spiritual talks to help our clients/viewers to evolve and expand their consciousness – right from the privacy of your his/her home.
What is Digital Yoga?
The digital yoga class is a fully-immersive experience, following your virtual instructor through the Zoom app on your web-enabled TV, computer/laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Such classes often begin with a short meditation to clear the mind and ground one’s self before being taken through a range of gentle movements to increase range of movements, strengthen joints and helps to alleviate pain.
Benefits of Digital Yoga Classes:
Aside from online classes being more convenient, cost-effective, and less intimidating than traditional yoga classes, especially in light of recent global events, here are a few other benefits:
- A personalized plan based on client needs – private yoga clients only
- Specialized classes based on specific mind-body or health-related ailments like lower back pain, depression, PMS, arthritis, etc.
- Modified poses and other techniques that take into consideration different levels of flexibility, experience, and health
- The ability to practice at your own pace – use the pause and rewind buttons as much as you’d like
- No need for a babysitter because you can stay home and still keep an eye on the little ones
- Feel to buy and use traditional yoga props – that haven’t been shared with others or you can use whatever “props” you can find right inside your own home
- You can stay in Savasana as long as you want
It would be a disservice if we didn’t tell you the difference between an in-person yoga class and virtual classes is the instructor is not able to provide hands-on assistance with working on or through what seems like a difficult pose. In such cases, we strongly encourage all our yoga students to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY! If a pose is too strenuous, honor clues presented by your body and gently back off or out of pose that’s causes pain, extreme discomfort and the like.
What Is Needed?
- A broadband connection is highly recommended
- An Internet-enabled device such as a TV, computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Please note that larger screens offered by smart TVs make for a better viewing experience.
- A yoga mat is required.
- Other traditional yoga props, such as a blanket, bolster, blocks and/or straps, are optional. Feel free to substitute with whatever you have at home that’s safe to use – like a sturdy dining table chair, sofa throw, pillows, and the like.